Sunday, Sunday

I love Sunday mornings. It's the only day, darn near every week, that I can guarantee a lazy start to the day. Even in the summer. They're beautiful.

I've been watching a lot of movies lately. Some I rented, some I've seen in theaters. Here's my take...

Aeon Flux: Weird show. I gather (now) that it has roots in some MTV cartoon series. It's an interesting story line, certainly keeps your attention, what with all the stunts and fighting. But, honestly, I give it a C+.

An Unfinished Life: The Jennifer Lopez/Robert Redford pic. It also has Josh Lucas in it, who is my current celebrity crush. Good movie, maybe a little contrived, but not bad. Beautiful scenery (and I don't just mean Josh *wink*). All in all, an A-.

Glory Road: Wow. This movie was amazing. I really enjoyed it. It's a great story, and I tell you what, just good stuff. The way Don Haskins chose to run his team in the '60s is an example of how things should be...but, sadly, aren't. A+.

The Break-Up: Hm..it was okay. Not worth the ticket price, and I even went to the matinee. Seems a little disjointed and rough-shod. I've seen both of them (Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn) do much better movies. B

The Lake House: I LOVED THIS MOVIE. Definitely buying this one when it comes out on DVD. Yes, you have suspend reality for a little bit, but isn't that why we watch feature films--to escape reality? But, wow, I really wouldn't mind a relationship that builds like that (minus the 2 year difference, of course). I saw that John Cusack was the first choice for the male lead. Thank goodness he turned it down, Keanu is definitely much better suited. And it's a PG movie--with Keanu Reeves in it. These don't come up very often. A+

What's everyone else been watching?
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Sunday, Sunday"

  1. equarles says:
    Jun 18, 2006, 5:26:00 PM

    Saw the Break-Up and it wasn't really what I expected, but I liked it. I can't go wrong looking at Jennifer Aniston for an hour and a half. I thought it wasn't going to be as serious, you know...more comedy. But dang, they were stubborn. So many things that I could relate to. Donna, for some reason, elbowed me frequently during this movie.
    Glory Road - liked it. Watched it last night. Good stuff. I hate racist people.
    Kiss, kiss bang, bang - Weird.
    Dereailed - hmmmmm....weird, but pretty good. kept my interest throughout.

Copyright 2009 The Clock is Ticking
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates