Lock Me Out, Lock Me In (A Friday Five post)

Like I said before, I've been a bit absent a bit. And I've laid out of doing some of the lists that I like to do--like RevGalBlogPals Friday Fives.

This week, they got red-flagged by Blogger as potential spam. That's all worked out, but not before there was a little franticness. So, Songbird ran with the idea of being locked or, or maybe locked in for the Friday Five.





1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel? I don't amuse myself. I'm not a patient person. At. All. (And yes I know patience is a virtue, I'm quite content to not be a virtuous woman if it's a requirement.) If I'm not feeling rushed when I come across it, and find myself having to sit, I'll usually grab the book in my purse and read for a few minutes.


2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?) No, every place I've lived since leaving my parents' house has a deadbolt that has to be locked with a key from outside. And I'm terrified of losing my keys, so I always know where they are. But if I ever did, my parents have one (thankfully they live 10 minutes away) and I have one hidden safely away for emergencies.

I have locked myself out of the car before. Rather, The WonderDog locked me out. I'd dropped the keys on the car seat while I belted him in and didn't realize he'd mashed the remote and locked the doors. Agonizing 20 minutes in July with a 8 month old puppy wilting before my eyes. Smartly, since I'm a single girl, I gave my parents the spare key to the car for just such reasons.

3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven't flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.) I did finish my masters degree, on my own, under my own steam and funding. Yes, I'm still paying for it, but I did it. As for physical hurdles, I don't do those. That looks like physical activity. *grin*

4) What's your approach to a mental block? I take a walk, I jog (I just don't do hurdles), I sleep, I pray. Not necessarily in that order. But I always get away from whatever's blocked or blocking me. I do the same thing when I write. I either put aside the piece I'm writing and try a different piece (genre even), or walk away completely, taking WonderDog with me.

5) Suggest a caption for the picture above; there will be a prize for the funniest answer!
"I want to see the world to sing, in perfect harmony..."

or

"It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A!"

If you'd like to see some other ideas, check out RevGalBlogPals.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "Lock Me Out, Lock Me In (A Friday Five post)"

  1. Lori says:
    Aug 1, 2008, 1:20:00 PM

    It seems the keys locked in car is not so uncommon!

    And you sound far too young to remember the Village People.

  2. Unknown says:
    Aug 1, 2008, 3:15:00 PM

    Oh, that must have been scary with the puppy!!

Copyright 2009 The Clock is Ticking
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates