1. I'm thankful for the rain. As late as 9 p.m. last night, tropical storm Eduardo was slated to make land about 40 miles from my house. Well, my mom's house, where The WonderDog and I came to whole up for the duration of the rain. Instead, some time after I gave out and went to bed, it turned a bit and went in much farther up the coast. But we are getting some rain...which we needed.
2. I'm thankful I have a place to hide out in a storm. And I don't just mean those that sneak in from the Gulf. Any storm. We joke that my place is "home" but the house I grew up in is the "homestead." It's nice to know I've got the old family homestead run to when the going is gonna to get rough.
3. Parents that worry. It only took one recorded phone call from our esteemed mayor (who is concerned about me! He said so.) for my parents to call and offer a bed for me and The WonderDog. They just didn't want me to be stranded in my one bedroom across town if it should get bad.
4. I discovered this morning that my little darling dog has adopted my slightly twisted sense of humor. My dad had closed the guest room door after I fell asleep. In the dark, I can't see at all. I got up, and headed for the doorway, and ran into the door. I hear The WonderDog behind me snort. I hit the light switch and he's got this amused look on his face..I think he was laughing at me. Oh well, at least I know he gets me. *grin*
5. Penguins. I don't know why. I keep seeing pictures of penguins lately and I'm just kinda glad we have them around.
6. I've been eating tomatoes a bunch lately. Not raw tomatoes, it's a texture thing and I will NOT eat those. But I roasted a bunch last week and have used them on pizzas, on an egg over easy, on egg sandwiches, and just by themselves. yummy!
7. Lazy days. I've been off work for 2 weeks, this is my last week for the summer. It's been so nice to be able to sleep in, and then play around a bit, maybe spend the day in my pajamas and just relax. I really love days like that.
8. Friends that call out of the blue and validate my thoughts and concerns. I've not been certain lately about some decisions I've made, but they helped me affirm that I was in the right.
9. The Bible in 90 Days program. I'm on day 3. I know I said I was going to start last Friday, but I put it off until Sunday. I have more time to focus then on the video sessions. Right off the bat, Day 1, I "learned" something I don't think I'd ever realized before. When it says that people were "calling on the name of the Lord," it means they were proclaiming Him. Wow..I thought that was just another way to say they were petitioning the Lord--beginning to ask for things rather than just talking to Him.
10. I'm thankful for my Father's Word. I'm so blessed to be able to read and comprehend what He has given to us.
Those are the things on my mind this week. There are so many different things to be thankful for, obviously, but that's where I am right now--the mildly silly to the very serious.
If you want to check out other thankful thoughts, check out the list on Mrs. Brownstone's blog, "XBox Wife" this week.