10 Things Tuesday--A different take

So, I'm off this week, allegedly preparing to teach summer school. Actually, I am supposed to be prepping for that, but since I've done the same thing content-wise for the last 3 years, I'm not especially worried about it.

Instead, I'm doing the Stillness Experiment and planting vegetables on my patio. (And GLOATING about the vegetables.) I can feel a real surge in my writing coming on, because I find myself looking more closely at words and quotes lately.

So, because I see anything that encourages my writing as a blessing, I'm going to count the quotes that have stuck in my head the last week or so as my blessings this week. These are the words I am thankful for.

1. Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

2. Faith and doubt are needed--not as antagonists, but working side by side to take us around the unknown curve. (Lillian Smith)

3. The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery. (Anais Nin)

4. Uncertainty and mystery are energies of life. Don't let them scare you unduly, for they keep boredom at bay and spark creativity. (R. I. Fitzhenry)

5. Never fear shadows...that always means there is a light shining somewhere. (Jonathon Santos)


6. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. (Albert Einstein)

7. Einstein was a man who could ask immensely simple questions. And what his work showed is that when the answers are simple too, then you can hear God thinking. (Jacob Bronowski)

8. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)

9. We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. (Randy Pausch)

10. And then, this song. Gary Allan--mmm...definitely about him *wink*.



Song lyrics | Like It's A Bad Thing lyrics
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "10 Things Tuesday--A different take"

  1. Sharon says:
    Jun 4, 2008, 2:47:00 AM

    Lovely quotations. I especially love the one about faith and fear...so apt. Hey, ve put up my blogblast for peace post - if you still need help with the graphics just let me know what u want on yours and I'll send it to your email. Mine is sharon dot famonure at gmail dot com.

    Sharon
    http://thereservoir.wordpress.com

Copyright 2009 The Clock is Ticking
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates