Is it so wrong?

I don't honestly believe in horoscopes, although they are a bit eerily true sometimes. I just read 'em for fun. This was my "love horoscope" this morning.

Here is your single's love horoscopefor Thursday, July 6:

Who, you -- selfish? Maybe just a little bit at the moment -- but maybe it's not such a bad thing. One of the fabulous things about being single is you can put yourself first and treat yourself right.

Actually, this is precisely how I'm feeling this morning. The last few weeks really. I just feel like this summer--my break, mind you--I've done nothing just for me. I've been teaching summer school, went on a weeklong technology camp thing, came back for more summer school. Somewhere in there, I went to the zoo, once, and saw a couple of movies. Wow.

I suppose it is selfish to want things to revolve around me for a bit. But I also think it's a bit cold when the people around me, that know me best, can see that I need a litte of that, too but turn the focus to themselves instead.

I'm looking forward to having the two full weeks off work that I've got scheduled after summer school ends next week. Yes, I'll be flying off to a conference for church in beautiful Tulsa (not fair, I know..I've never actually seen Tulsa), but I did volunteer for that, and it really promises to be good for me. Other than that, if it's not about me, I'm not doing it. I need that.

Is that so wrong?
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "Is it so wrong?"

  1. SJ says:
    Jul 13, 2006, 9:26:00 AM

    Wow. A music video, while I blog surf. Niice. It's never wrong to be selfish. No one can be selfish but you. (Wow, who am I, Oprah?)

  2. Jayne says:
    Jul 14, 2006, 7:06:00 AM

    Hehe..Oprah? Sure, if that's where you were aiming. *grin*

    Thanks for stopping by.

Copyright 2009 The Clock is Ticking
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates