Solitude

From the American Heritage Dictionary:

sol·i·tude n.
1. The state or quality of being alone or remote from others.
2. A lonely or secluded place.

Solitude is something that I often welcome, and often struggle with. Tonight, I think I'm struggling, but it's a night I find myself needing it.

No one may visit
the navy moments. Quiet--
hear, feel, the silence.

(I suggest reading a couple of posts down to catch the 'navy' reference.)

And...

Solitude.....pull me
out of solitary dark,
back to light, to life.

For more thoughts on solitude, visit One Deep Breath.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "Solitude"

  1. Clare says:
    Sep 10, 2006, 11:44:00 AM

    Lovely haiku, especially the second.

  2. Kayt Says:
    Sep 13, 2006, 5:20:00 PM

    these are gorgeous :)

Copyright 2009 The Clock is Ticking
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates